Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yup, I'm doing good

LAST WEEK: I am done working for the day, I empty all of the odds and ends I have collected out of my pockets, and throw out all of the scrap papers. Lists, measurements, gum wrappers, old wiring diagrams, & my wallet.

LAST NIGHT: While filling up the outside wood furnace, I step on the hoe and it flies up and whacks me, I mumble at it. A moment later I step on it again with similiar results, and set it aside. Before I knew what hit me, I was attacked the third time, and finally it "hit me" that I should put it in exile far beyond it's effective striking range.

TONIGHT: While driving home I am coming fast down a hill with a truck tailgaiting me, I have to make a sharp left turn at the very bottom. So what else would I do, but crank down my left window as a signal that I was about to make a turn. I'm just glad that I didn't have to turn right! That could of been tricky, and what if I didn't get that window down in time? He would of NEVER known that I was making a turn. Disasterous!! Phew, was I lucky....

And I have noticed lately, that as I play my guitar in the evening I have been starting out playing one song and ending on another. Some very interesting medelys have come about. I am especially impressed when I change not only songs, but keys so seamlessly that I have no idea what happened. My skills must be improving!? I don't know what is going on with me, most weeks aren't this good! And it's only wednesday.....

4 comments:

Christy Joy said...

lol

I need to dig out my guitar. I haven't played in ages.

Teddy said...

gotta keep up w/ it, you were flying right along there! I'd really like to learn some of the "sons of kora" songs you listen to. I make myself play at least one song a day to keep my fingers moving, Lol it generally turns into 40 or 50 :) Which can quickly eat up an evening though. Hows your celloing going? Throw any hatchets lately? Someday i'll catch up with you. Lol you can blog but you can't hide!!! (i'm not sure if that made any sense?)

Katalin said...

Lol Teddy, try not to let that hoe beat you up, could be dangerous to your health :P

Teddy said...

ah ha!!!! I knew somebody laid a snare unto my feet!