Sunday, March 7, 2010

Employee of the month, He works like a Dog!


Over the years as I have worked on various building projects, I have come to notice two things about my work style. First of all, I get so focused on finishing my current project that I seldom take time to clean up woodscraps or tools, until I absolutely have to in order to move on. And secondly, I generally get much more done when I am working by myself. I just don't like taking the time to explain how to do something that I could do myself in less time. Therefore, anytime I have hired someone to help me on a particular job, they usually end up standing around watching me work. Which really don't bother me half as much as it often does them. Well, those days are past! I finally found the perfect work partner, he cleans up after me and I don't have to explain anything, and he is a pleasant little guy to have around. He happily works with me through out the day, as he wags his long tail. Yup you read me right, it is my cousin Chad's dog Morgan.

I just started a job, extending a porch and turning it into a sunroom-mudroom on to Chad's parents house. So far it is going really fast, and smooth thanks to Morgan. Lol, as soon as I cut off a scrap of wood, he grabs it and sets it in a neat pile just off the porch. :) If I'm not producing enough scraps for him, he runs off to the woods and starts dragging back some considerably long dead branches to add to his wood pile. He's an industrious pup, Lol. Chad is just happy that he has a dog that will collect firewood for him.





Now, we just have to talk wages and check up on the legality of our parnership. :) Does anyone know if I will need workers comp? I wouldn't want him to get a sliver in his tongue. Lol And worse than that, he has gotten pretty anxious to grab chunks before they even fall off my miter saw. "Sit Boy, we have to Speak about this..." LOL

4 comments:

Katalin said...

Lol, that's why I love dogs, such a great help at making life great! glad you FINALLY found someone to pick up your stuff for you! :P

Teddy said...

Lol, I've found that if I wait long enough somebody will do it for me. Lol, Yeller never offered though! ;)

Joel said...

Oh dear--that could be a bit of a problem if he got too eager to help. Perhaps you should make him join a union... ;)

Teddy said...

LOL, I'm afraid it wouldn't be good for business to have a pack of dogs out along the street picketting. :)