Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flood season, at Pizza Hut


So tonight while on our way to take my brother Jacob back to Union Springs Academy, we stopped at a Pizza Hut for a special supper, and I found how I'm gonna "make my fortune!" We were given our menus, and we stared and debated for at least 15min, almost as if we didn't all already know that we were going to get a large mushroom pizza just like we always have. Common knowledge by all, but still a part of the pizza hut ritual we all have come to enjoy over the years. So our drinks are brought to us, and within moments of delivery Jacob managed to dump his all over the table and on to my mothers lap. Yet another Pizza Hut ritual, Lol (mom says she can remember at least 7 different times that she has been soaked by someone at pizza hut! 3 of which was by waitress'.) So there is a great rush to evacuate our booth as every eye in the room is riveted to the excitement, and the waitress VERY begrudgenly brings us a stack of napkins to mop up our mess. Finally things begin to calm, and Jacobs cup is removed from his reach, it looks like we might be able to finish our meal. We all finish with our embarrassed laughter and joking, and the subject turns to more serious things. I don't even know what I was talking about, but it must have been pretty important because my hands were flying all over the place. And I need not say any more do I? I was polite enough to only soak myself. ;) We all jump to our feet again like a buncha Pentecostals, and all of those around us begin to slowly inch towards the doors. Lol So I go alert our delightful waitress to my perdicament with many apologies, and she starts steaming and turning red. Now I wouldn't go doing this again, but I am considering cornering the market on seamless gutters for those pizza hut tables. Lol, I just need to compile the spill statistics from "Huts" across the nation, and the contract is MINE!

JUST TWO MORE HAPPY PIZZA HUT CUSTOMERS THANKS TO THE INNOVATIVE NEW "CHASE BOOTH GUTTER SYSTEM"

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

you're a good story teller! And I like the pictures you posted at the top! I've never heard of that flavor of ice cream - looks great! And I'm assuming that the rescue attempt was more than an attempt since it was posted on your blog :)

Teddy said...

Lol, thank you. You are right, I survived! It was actually on a little island, that was lots of fun walking out to on submerged boulders in that swift current. Took alot of preplanning your route. :)And I'll have to save you some "ice cream" next time its in bloom. Lol