Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Life Through Rose Colored Glasses, (subtitled) "What Teddy does when no ones watching"

So this last fall I was picking through the garbage barrel looking at all of the wonderful things that my mother had thrown away, and I came across a pair of red tinted sunglasses. I was never one to lower myself to wear such things, but I had some experiences with the sun being in my eyes while driving in the mornings, so I thought hey why not, no one will ever see me! I tried them on, and it has changed my life forever....... (fades into a story, this very morning in fact!)


So once there was a certain carpenter who had a big green gas guzzling truck, so he put on his grungy green jacket, buckled his seat belt and began to drive his big green truck. Now don't get me wrong, it was a great green truck, but it just liked to guzzle more gas than this certain carpenter would have enjoyed pumping. So he was sad, can you see how sad this grungy green jacketed carpenter was! It's so sad!

Well, then out of no wheres, this little car came flying past the great green gas guzzling truck! "What!?" Exclaimed the sad carpenter, as he looked at his speedometer! "I'm doing 57mph just like always! You know, slow enough to not get a ticket from the nice policeman, and fast enough where traffic won't be piling up behind me! Ya know?"













So this certain carpenter began to get angry! Grrrr, why he could just, could just!!! Then a thought came into his head, "Thats right, I have my sunglasses! Everything is gonna be O.K. !! Yeah!! Well at first not much happened.

But slowly he began to be immersed in a happy world full of pinks, purples, and deep reds. "Why there isn't even any cold white snow in this pretty place he thought." This especially seemed to soften his raring road rage, he was back down to 57mph again, with at least 3 car lengths between him and the little zippy car.

With each passing mile the Rosey colored glasses worked their magic as the certain grungy green jacketed carpenter in the great green gas guzzling truck tootled along happily behind the zippy little car. Finally as the little car had no other choice but to turn down another happy highway, the smiling carpenter waved his last goodbye to the speedy little sporty car. "I'll miss you! Have a very nice trip!" He yelled out the window as the operator of the tiny vehicle stared on in confusion.
So once again the crazy carpenter, and the terrific truck rolled away in the distance. Visiting every hardware store they passed on their way into the sunrise... Such a happy ending, I love this story, and I KNOW you do too! Hurray!!!


O.k. So now it's official, I am certifiably insane. I not only wear pink sunglasses that makes me feel cheery, and very possibly might be womans for all I know, but I take pictures of myself, and write Dr. Suess books about myself in the third person. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be publishing this post? Oh well, I have no pride anyways.... and by the way, no little zippy cars were harmed in the making of this blog, and any and all resemblances of the characters to me or my truck, are strictly coincidental. copyright 2010

5 comments:

Christy Joy said...

ah teddy! what a wonderful post! I'm so glad you have that camera and your wonderful gas guzzling green truck and those super cool sunglasses salvaged from the trash. Makes me want to get a pair! (almost...)

Caitlin said...

It's amazing what some pairs of sunglasses can do to the world! The colors just glow! I want to always remember to look at people that way.

healthycells said...

"Maybe I shouldn't be publishing this post..." maybe you SHOULD be publishing this post! Sounds like an awesome new Dr. Suess book! You could include a pair of rose colored sunglasses with each copy.

Keep those glasses handy! In fact, do you know where I might find a pair?

Joel said...

Hurray! Such a terrific blog as this deserves to be carved on a log :) Do continue!!!

Teddy said...

You can usually find your own Rosy sunglasses in just about any local bog right next to Joel's engraved log, were you can wear them in the fog.

Or be like me and if you don't have the cash, just pick through the trash.